SCATTERED THOUGHTS ABOUT THE LAST TWO WEEKENDS...

Sunday, May 16, 2010

I want to share just a few quick thoughts running through my mind regarding our services over the last two weeks.


1. God is clearly up to something among us at Harvest. I don't know if you can sense it or not, but I certainly can. His Spirit has been powerfully among us, and I've sensed Him working, moving, shaping, convicting, encouraging, and cultivating us into a community of worshipping believers - BIG TIME.

2. On a personal level, I have sensed a greater freedom and joy while preaching the last couple of weeks than I've experienced in a while. I've been examining the reasons for this and I've come to some conclusions. I won't share all of them at this time, but I will mention just this one: Through my study of Ephesians 5, I have been reminded of the simple prayer - "Lord, fill me with your Spirit afresh and anew once again today." And I've been breathing this prayer to the Lord every day for the last two weeks. I would encourage you to do the same.

3. I'm thrilled we are growing continually in the area of expressiveness, joy, enthusiasm, transparency, and community in the area of singing in worship to our great God! Keep it up, Harvest. Keep giving more of yourself to Him in worship and He will continue to give you a clearer vision of eternity and the times of worship that await us there. Now, that's something to look forward to, isn't it?

4. It is good for us to laugh together, isn't it? Life is hard as I'm sure I don't have to remind you. The people of God ought to be known as a people filled with laughter and joy - a people who don't take themselves too seriously. Let's keep laughing together, praying together, singing together, and following Jesus together - with JOY!

5. Right now, I have a deep down feeling of anticipation regarding our church. His Spirit is moving me in this way - to anticipate. You may wonder, "What are you anticipating?" I'm not even sure at this point, but I believe it will be good because what ever God gives is good because God is good all the time!

2 comments:

Jen B,  May 16, 2010 at 10:33 PM  

PD, the sermons have been great the last 2 wks! I've enjoyed laughing with you :) And more importantly being challenged in the Word! Thank you for your faithfuless in giving us Truth!!

bryan white,  May 19, 2010 at 6:31 PM  

"Lord, fill me with your Spirit afresh and anew once again today."

Very helpful, breathing this prayer, helps to remind me to stay on target.

Thanks Pastor Dan

Post a Comment

If you don't have a username, click the drop-down box and choose "Name/URL". Just enter your name in the space.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP