Friday Afternoon Humor: John Daker

Friday, May 28, 2010

Ok, time for a little Friday afternoon humor. This is one of our favorite YouTube videos, an all-time classic:



This sing-along cartoon parody is even more hilarious after you've watched the original a couple times:



As I think about John Daker, I'm actually impressed by his perseverance all the way to the bitter, awkward end. The "joke" is actually on his teacher. Mrs. Unsicker seems quite confident in her teaching abilies, but her poor student is woefully unprepared for his part in the recital. Yet she plunks right along on the piano, cruelly leaving John to sink or swim on his own. Let that be a lesson for all of us teachers/mentors! :-)

And remember...it's ok to laugh at others on occasion, as long as you're prepared to laugh at yourself as well. (I wish you could see me as a 6 year old walking across a church stage to receive an AWANA award and tripping over my shoelaces. My proudest moment turned horrifyingly embarrassing! Unfortunately, no video evidence exists.)

1 comments:

Joe Haverlock May 31, 2010 at 2:51 PM  

Juli informed that I botched a few lyrics while leading on Sunday. Apparently, I kept singing, "I once was lost in darkest sin" instead of "..darkest night". I wondered why everyone seemed to sing "..in darkest s-uh-night" with a funny look on there face. That's when you just say "whep!" or "scrum scrum scree".

Post a Comment

If you don't have a username, click the drop-down box and choose "Name/URL". Just enter your name in the space.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP